Together with the Vienna Chamber of Commerce, the City of Vienna is providing funds to prevent emergencies for Viennese businesses and their employees.
- EUR 10 million in bridging loans for small and medium-sized businesses
The Wiener Kreditbürgschafts- und Beteiligungsbank (WBK) will guarantee additional bridging loans (working capital financing) from banks up to 80 percent
- Simple application, fast processing: submission at borrower’s principal bank
- Application form and overview of products at http://www.wkbg.at
- Loans guaranteed up to 80 percent
- For loans between EUR 5,000 and EUR 500,000 at your principal bank
- EUR 6 million for setting up home offices
The Vienna Business Agency supports SMEs in setting up home offices. Funding is available for the necessary hardware, software, interfaces with company IT infrastructure and consulting services.
The funding rate is 75 percent and maximum funding per company is EUR 10,000. Funding can be applied for retroactively from 1 March 2020 at the Vienna Business Agency effective immediately.
- Plus EUR 3 million for waff labour foundations
Many Viennese businesses are currently dealing with temporary overstaffing. The Vienna Employment Promotion Fun (waff) and the Vienna Employment Service (AMS) offer several support mechanisms for Viennese businesses. Should a business go bankrupt despite all efforts, the City of Vienna offers the “labour foundation” instrument via waff.
- Setting up a labour foundation when staff need to be made redundant
- Financial support for former employees by subsidising training and providing unemployment benefits through the foundation during participation in the labour foundation
- Career orientation
- Retraining and further training
- Working reduced hours
- Support for job seekers
Chamber of Commerce: Information for businesses: www.wko.at/coronavirus
Coronavirus hotline 0590900-4352